- Describes more than 500 species of the region's most conspicuous, distinctive, interesting, and ecologically important mushrooms
- Covers Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusets, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin, and the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Ontario and most Quebec
- More than 550 superb color photographs
- Helpful keys for identification
- Clear, color-coded layout
- An essential reference for mushroom enthusiasts, hikers, and naturalists
Timothy J. Baroni is a distinguished professor of biology at the State University of New York College at Cortland. He has described 100 new species of macrofungi and is a past president of the Mycological Society of America.