THE BLUE PORTAL is a meditation and research centre being hosted at Ni Mala Wellness Centre at the Source Farm Ecovillage in St. Thomas, Jamaica, founded by Mushroom Mountain and The Ni Mala Wellness Centre as a mutual partnership.
The goals of Blue Portal Treatment Centre is to provide a drug-free alternative to achieving a healthy mind, body and soul connection and a better understanding of one’s purpose and connection in life.
Participants range from healthy persons seeking access to higher creativity potential, or persons in need of psychic calibration to assist in managing challenges with addiction, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, weight loss, terminal illness, etc. Visiting participants are scheduled based on similar conditions to enhance the group setting and sense of community among participants.
GENERAL ITINERARY FOR A WEEK-LONG VISIT
*all meals included except for arrival and departure days
- Day 1 – Arrival at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, Jamaica. - Personal Pickup and transportation to Source Farm Ecovillage Lodging. - Blue Portal Staff will meet you upon arrival. - *No hot meals available for late arrivals, however fruit and snacks in rooms.
- Day 2 - Mindfulness Meditation or Yoga/Body Movement. - Breakfast and Check-In - Source Farm Orientation and Farm Tour - Lunch - Meet your Psilocybin facilitators for pre-session intake - Beach, Relax and Explore! See the mushroom farm and learn about how mushrooms grow - Dinner- Meet other participants
- Day 3 - Mindfulness Meditation or Yoga/Body Movement - Breakfast - Journaling/Personal Time, Massage, Creek walk or afternoon session prep - Lunch - Psilocybin Sessions - Group Dinner
- Day 4 – Mindfulness Meditation or Yoga/Body Movement - Breakfast - Personal Time - Lunch - Psilocybin debriefing - Diloggun Reading (Optional) - Group Dinner - Fire Pit Ceremony (Optional)
- Day 5 – Excursion day! - Breakfast - Day Excursion-The Beach at Golden Shores, Reach Falls, Cuna Cuna Trails or Morant Bay Market. *Optional second Psilocybin session available (for costs and availability contact Blue Portal for a two session stay)
- Day 6 – Closure day – Reflection and relaxation - Final meeting with facilitator
- Day 7 – Departure – Continental Breakfast
WHY CHOOSE THE BLUE PORTAL OVER OTHER PSILOCYBIN RETREATS?
- Staffing for Support, Mindfulness and Harm Reduction.
- Participants can relax knowing that our staff is here to provide personal safety and health during your visit and sessions. Registered nurse is on staff and hospital is nearby.
SET AND SETTING
- While some retreats are week-long rentals at hotels and resorts, The Blue Portal is a permanent facility located at the Source Farm, a beautiful tract of land that is organically farmed and powered by solar and wind. Healing starts by making connections, away from distractions of city life, with nature outward and inward, and its important to begin the healing with the right place and people around you, focused on your well begin and safety. There are no TVs. Internet is available near the office. It is encouraged to minimize the use of technology and limit or avoid online activity. The healing center overlooks the ocean and nighttime, and the star-gazing is amazing! Healing begins the moment you arrive and continues long after you leave
WHERE WILL I BE SLEEPING?
General registrations include a hotel stay at the private hotel style rooms next to the property. Almost all of your time will be spent at the farm attending meetings, exploring the trail and creek, dining, and socializing with other visitors. For upgrades and options for staying in any of the buildings or structures on the farm please contact the Blue Portal before registration.
ONE ON ONE MEDIATED SESSIONS AND SUPPORT
Every participant receives private mediated sessions with an experienced facilitator. Our dedication is to the extreme focus of every individual throughout the healing process. Orientation day is when participants meet and begin the bonding experience with their mediator, who is available throughout the week and will also be in contact with for the follow up sessions after the week has passed.
ARE PRIVATE GROUP SESSIONS AVAILABLE?
Yes! Private group sessions are available on request and on an approval basis. Please contact the Blue Portal for approval and rates.
CAN I HAVE SOMEONE ACCOMPANY ME OR ATTEND FOR THE WEEK WITHOUT A PSILOCYBIN SESSION?
- Yes! A reduced rate is available for those traveling who would like emotional support or if physical assistance is required.
- Additional attendees are not allowed to be present during the night of the treatment sessions unless they need to be present for medical support.
- Everything is included with the exception of the Psilocybin treatment and private counseling services.
RECORDED AUDIO SESSIONS AND WRITTEN REPORTS
Psilocybin experiences are lengthy and sometimes full of valuable information that surfaces suddenly and rapidly develops during a session. Facilitators take written notes of major events and interactions. Recording of the session is optional and encouraged to revisit the experience to extend the therapy beyond the weeklong visit. Copies of the recording are made available to the participant and researchers collecting data with approval.
WHAT IS A MEDIATED PSILOCYBIN SESSION LIKE AT THE BLUE PORTAL?
- Debriefings and Group Discussions
- Private meetings with your facilitator are scheduled and arranged during your visit to maximize the efficiency of the session. Participants are encouraged to attend group socials and have the opportunity to speak to those who have had their experience, that are willing to open up and share their transformations.
WHAT IS A DIVINATION READING AND IS IT OPTIONAL?
OVERLAPPING FOCUS GROUP WEEKS VERSUS MIXED CONDITION GROUPS
Unlike other retreats, The Blue Portal screens participants and registers sessions based on the conditions seeking improvement. Participants benefit from arriving and leaving the healing center with opportunities to socialize and interact with like-minded individuals, further strengthening bonds and enhancing the overall experience with a “strength in numbers” approach. These connections are long lasting and can persist long after a single treatment.
EXPERTLY RAISED ORGANIC PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS AND LABORATORY ON SITE
It all begins with the quality of the mushrooms. Our mushrooms are produced on-site by Blue Mountain Mushrooms, a partnership between Source Farm and Mushroom Mountain (USA). The mushrooms are produced in batches that are clonal and predictable for dosing compared to wild specimens that range from low to high, which is extremely variable in response. In order to properly calculate dosage the mushrooms are weighed with precision scales and administered according to body weight of the participant.
HEALTHY ORGANIC MEALS PREPARED FRESH DAILY
Fresh, organic and locally sourced food is an essential part of the healing process. The mindfulness of consuming pure substances and cleansing the body of toxins plays an important role in the healing process. Participants can visit the farming area and even volunteer to assist the day to day activities which include harvesting and cleaning the food that is to be prepared daily.
ALL INCLUSIVE STAY
Forget about money for a week and enjoy the moment! From the moment you are picked up at the airport to your departure, the center has no hidden fees. There is a small gift shop and crafts from locals for purchase, but otherwise all lodging, meals and excursions are included with the fees. Cost of Admission to waterfalls and private beaches included for excursion days. Additional excursion fees will apply if space is available on days that allow for free time on a space basis. Additional dosing sessions are considered on a one by one basis and will incur a separate charge but not guaranteed.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO ON EXCURSION DAYS?
The beach is ten minutes away, day trips to Reach Falls and to Frenchman’s Quarter private beach.
LINKS TO RESOURCES
Recommended Reading Before Your Arrival
- How to Change Your Mind (book, kindle. Audible) Michael Pollan, Chelsea Green 2018
Cancellation Policy: 50% Refund if cancelled within 14 days of scheduled visit. 25% refunds if cancelled within 7 days