POISONOUS, NOT FOR CONSUMPTION, ORNAMENTAL ONLY
Jack'O'Lanterns are bioluminescent mushrooms that possess the ability to produce Luciferase, a enzyme responsible for the glowing gills, which is an ATP / Phosporylation pathway. This pathway can be useful for studying the effects of chemical pollutants, organophosphate runoff from herbicides and fertilizers, and other naturally or man-made compounds. We use this mushroom and culture to produce novel antibiotics and for mycoremediation experiments. Excellent for nature trails and just a beautiful mushroom to be admired, and viewed in the dark! Approximately 100 plugs by weight.
Edibility and Taste: POISONOUS - NOT EDIBLE
Grows On: Hardwood Logs, Buried
Fruiting Temps: 60-70F
Availability: Year Round