Where: Mushroom Mountain Farm, 200 Finley Rd. Easley SC
When: MARCH 25, 2023 - 9am-3pm
Limited to 40 attendees, this workshop will feature fungi that are cultivated in the spring time.
Participants will learn fungal ecology and life cycles, while immersed in hands-on methods to cultivate mushrooms on logs, stumps, wood chips, and straw, designing mushroom gardens, and composting or recycling with fungi. Participants will also be touring the Mushroom Mountain Farm, being able to see the lab, colonization and fruiting rooms. We will also take you on our woodland mushroom trail, where you will be able to see in person how different varieties of mushrooms are cultivated.
This workshop includes breakfast snacks, lunch, oyster mushroom fruiting kit, and a shiitake log to take home from hands-on activity.
Taught by the Mushroom Mountain team.
Requests for waiting list possible if full and there is a cancellation.
Please note that this class does not cover any sterile culture in a lab setting.
- "Exceeded our expectations! Look forward to another class. Olga's food was delicious."
- "Exceeded our expectations - great job."
- "My gal friends and I agree this experience exceeded our expectations. The food was outstanding, and gave us ideas of how to cook/bake with mushrooms."
- "Thank you for your decades of knowledge."
- "This was a great experience."
- "What a wonderful day! I learned so much, laughed, ate delicious food. Thank you. The brick thing blew my mind."
- "I came knowing very little about mushrooms from a growing standpoint. Appreciate the hands-on experience with the logs and the bags."
- "Teriffic. Entertaining and informative. We'll be back!"
- "I am so inspired to come back for more classes. The ID class, medicinal class. The hands-on examples were extra helpful and interspersed throughout, helped maintain attention to verbal content. Love the sense of humor and VIBE. Thanks for beginning and stoking our endless fascination with fungi."